To make the gravy, pour off the oil and wipe out most of the flour in the pan.
Return the pan to the heat and add a knob of butter.
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
2 cups flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
4 thin-cut steaks or tenderized/cube steak
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken stock
lemon juice to taste
2 tbsp cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/320°F. Heat a large frying pan/skillet and add 1-2cm (half inch) of oil.
- Place the eggs and the flour in two separate bowls or dishes big enough to bread the steak. Add the spices to the flour and mix well.
- Place the steak first in the flour, then dredge in egg and then again in flour, pressing down to ensure good coverage.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes per side until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Place in the oven to keep warm while you continue cooking the remaining steaks.
- To make the gravy, pour off the excess oil and wipe out most of the flour with paper towels.
- Place the pan back over the heat and add the butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour and then the chicken stock, a little at a time until the sauce is the desired consistency. Allow to simmer and thicken for a few minutes then season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the chicken fried steak with the gravy, mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.
Article Source :https://simply-delicious-food.com/my-moms-chicken-fried-steak/