I used to suppose counting calories changed into a ludicrous waste of time and electricity. Going via calories alone, a white rice cake would be a better snack choice for someone on a food regimen than a exceptionally nutritious banana unfold with a little peanut butter.
However, in the years of writing this blog, I’ve met pretty some folks that swear through counting calories, who say it’s the simplest aspect that’s labored for them and that it gives a experience of ordinary and manage, assisting them lose useless weight or make more healthy alternatives.
Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
3/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Black pepper (optional)
1 large Egg
2 medium Zucchini
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line and lightly grease a baking sheet. (Parchment paper works best, but foil might be okay if you grease it very well.)
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise 4 times (to make eight long sticks from each squash). Then cut the sticks once crosswise, making 16 sticks from each squash, approximately 4 in (10 cm) long and 1/2 in (1 cm) thick. If the zucchini sticks feel “wet”, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Prepare two shallow bowls – one with beaten egg and one with a mixture of grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper. Dip each squash stick in the egg, shake off the excess, then press into the parmesan mixture, coating all sides. (Use one hand for the egg and the other for the parmesan, to avoid getting too much egg in the parmesan which will make it clumpy.) Place on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without touching.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping the fries and rotating the pan halfway through, until fairly dark golden.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until darker golden and crispy.
Article Source : www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/crispy-parmesan-zucchini-fries/