Hello all….It’s Emilie again from Tales of a Texas Granola Girl! I’m so excited to proportion this dish with you today because it’s one that my whole family…even my husband, the Cowboy…goes nuts over! As you can recognize, I live in a Ranch in the middle of Texas and one among my passions is cooking wild game! I’ve been cooking with venison and wild recreation for over twenty years, so if you’re seeking out new and clean venison recipes to expend that meat in the freezer, come over and take a go searching!
This time of 12 months is so busy across the Ranch…Shredding, planting, trimming, tending to toddlers. So, once I can pull an exceptional, one pan dinner collectively in under half-hour that each one four folks love, I’m all over it! Dirty Cauliflower Rice for the win!.
Dirty Cauliflower Rice Recipe
2 cups broccoli rice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 cups cauliflower rice * see notes
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli rices and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until just tender – about 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl, wipe the pan clean, and return it to medium heat on the stove top.
- Add the butter, heavy whipping cream and mustard powder to the skillet and whisk until the butter is fully melted and the mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese until melted, then stir back in the rice mixture.
- Continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is well combine and heated through.
- You can reference this post on How to Rice Cauliflower, if needed.
- Shred the cheese from a block rather than using pre-shredded bagged cheese. Cheese from a block melts better and doesn’t contain any added starches.
- Use fresh cauliflower and broccoli rather than frozen for the best results.
- Add in some cooked chicken, crumbled bacon, sausage, or diced ham for added protein, flavor, and heartiness!
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.