Stuck in a dinner rut? Try this garlic butter hen skillet! The potatoes and marinated bird are all cooked in garlic and butter and it’s so fragrant and flavorful.
I like to steam some broccoli or heat some green peas to eat with this meal.
GarlicButter Chicken and Potatoes
1 tbsp sriracha
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp butter, divided
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 chicken breasts), cut into strips
1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into quarters vertically
1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sriracha, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken strips, toss to combine, and set aside while you cook the potatoes.
- In a saucepan with boiling water, parboil the potatoes so that they aren’t cooked, but are slightly tender (about 7-8 minutes). Drain the water from the potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tbsp butter and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the potatoes to the skillet and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes (don’t move them around the pan; letting them sit will allow a buttery crust to form on the outside). Sprinkle in some salt and pepper, stir, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes (so that the other side of the potatoes can form a crust as well). Remove the potatoes to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp butter to the skillet, allow to melt, and then add the marinated chicken strips in a single layer (keep the reserved marinade). Cook until that side is browned (about 2-3 minutes) and flip. Sprinkle in the minced garlic. Cook until the chicken is browned, about 2-3 minutes more until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the pan with the chicken and allow it to simmer until reduced (about 5 minutes)
- Add the potatoes to the pan, sprinkle everything with the Italian seasoning and black pepper, and stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve.
Article Source : www.yummly.com/recipe/Garlic-Butter-Chicken-Skillet-9305333#directions