|These Garlic & Herb Grilled Eggplant are my favored vegetable to barbecue. They are gentle in the center with barely charred edges and are coated in a scrumptious garlic and herb oil which offers them a lot flavour.|
They are Vegan, Whole30, Keto and Paleo and warranted to be a crowd pleaser.
Garlic & Herb Grilled Eggplant (Paleo-Whole30)
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic crushed
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices and generously salt each slice. Let them rest for about 15 minutes so that the salt can draw out the moisture and bitterness. Wipe each of the slices with a paper towel to remove the salt and moisture.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat
- In a large dish combine the olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Place each of the eggplant slices in the dish, flipping them over to ensure both sides are covered in oil.
- Grill for approximately 6 minutes per side until golden in colour with grill marks. If the eggplant slices become dry and stick to the grill, brush them with more oil.
- Once the eggplant is tender and cooked. Remove from the grill and return back to oil, herb and garlic mixture in the pan. Flip once so that both sides are coated before transferring to a serving platter. Spoon any of the excess herbs & garlic overtop before serving. The eggplant can be enjoyed hot or at room temperature and will last for up to 4 days in the fridge.