Baked ziti need to be an easy dish to make however frequently instances gets dried out … allow us to show you how to make the pleasant, moistest baked ziti that could be a foolproof winner on every occasion!
If you love the taste of flawlessly cooked pasta, marinara sauce and the ooey tacky comfort of lasagna but not all the work, then baked ziti is your solution!
How to Make a Killer Baked Ziti
1 8-ounce fresh mozzarella ball OR 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3-1/2 cups dry ziti or penne pasta
1 23.5oz jar organic marinara sauce
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon sea salt + 2 tablespoons for the pasta water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil OR 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bring water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook it to al dente. Drain.
- Mix the marinara, ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the basil together in a large bowl. Add the pasta, stirring gently to coat completely.
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish with olive oil. Spread the pasta mixture evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the baked ziti is bubbly and golden brown on top.