love more than pasta! Recently, I’ve been enjoying Asian flavors and wanted to create an easy beef noodle recipe.
This recipe can be made so quickly, it has become a staple on our weeknight table.
MONGOLIAN NOODLES WITH GROUND BEEF
4 teaspoons ginger minced
½ cup soy sauce low sodium
6 cloves garlic minced
1 pound lean ground beef
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce if you can find low-sodium, I recommend it.
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup beef broth
10 ounces noodles linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons water
4 medium green onions sliced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet with high sides brown the ground beef on the stovetop. Add the ginger and garlic the last 2 minutes of browning the ground beef. Break up the meat as it cooks.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. (I recommend you do not salt the water.) Drain.
- Drain the ground beef and return it to the skillet along with the soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, pepper, and hoisin sauce. Stir to combine.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add it to the ground beef mixture. Stir and bring the mixture to a low boil. After the sauce has thickened slightly add the drained noodles to the beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Allow the noodles to sit in the sauce a few minutes to absorb flavor. Serve hot with a garnish of sliced green onions.
Article Source :https://www.callmepmc.com/ground-beef-mongolian-noodles/