These mushroom filled potato cakes are vegan, egg-loose, nut-unfastened and gluten-unfastened.
I used gluten-loose flour within the potato blend to make the mashed potato less complicated to form into cakes, but you have to be able to use other forms of flour and undeniable flour will definitely work if you’re not averting gluten.
Mushroom Stuffed Potato Cakes
80 g (1/2 cup) white rice flour (*see recipe notes)
40 g (1/3 cup) cornstarch or tapioca flour (1/3 cup)
1 kg (2 pounds) potatoes (*see recipe notes)
salt, pepper, nutmeg (to taste)
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper diced
250 g (3 cups) mushrooms sliced
1/2 of a zucchini diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp Italian spice blend
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
vegan cheese to taste (optional)
oil for frying
- Peel potatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg and mash them with a potato masher. (Please do not use a food processor, otherwise, the mashed potatoes will be sticky).
- Allow the mashed potatoes to cool (in the meantime you can prepare the filling), then add flour and cornstarch and mix well with a spoon or your hands.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces, fry the onion in a pan with a little oil for about 3-4 minutes, add the mushrooms, garlic, and also the diced peppers and the zucchini. Sauté everything for a couple of minutes, season with salt, pepper, and the spice mix.
- Split the dough into 8 parts (about 1/2 cup or 120 g each). Form into balls, make a well in the middle, and add about one and a half tablespoons of the filling. You can also add some vegan cheese (I used vegan cheese sauce) in addition. Carefully “seal” the balls with more dough and flatten them slightly to make them look like thick pancakes.
- Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the potato cakes at medium heat until golden brown on both sides. They will be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you want them to be slightly more crunchy, you can bake them additionally for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven. Enjoy!
Article Source : www.elavegan.com/stuffed-potato-cakes-vegan-gluten-free/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly