Looking to recreate a peanut butter cup in cookie bar form? Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars do just that: they’re a chocolate cookie bar crowned with peanut butter and blanketed in melted chocolate!
I feel like cookie bars always have their area in our recipe box: they’re smooth to make, short to smooth up, and are best for taking to a party or giving freely. These might be an appropriate gift for a peanut butter lover!
Peanut Butter Cup Gooey Cookie Bars
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons Crisco or vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla divided
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey’s Special Dark
1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil (for easy removal) and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread cookie dough in prepared pan. Bake for about 17-19 minutes until it’s no longer shiny. Cool completely before continuing.
- Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread over cooled cookie bars.
- Place chocolate chips and Crisco or oil in a medium sized bowl. Heat on high heat in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 1 1/2-2 minutes). Spread over peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Let harden for several hours. You can chill the bars to make the chocolate harden faster, but be sure to let them come to room temperature before cutting so that the chocolate doesn’t splinter when you cut them.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Article Source : www.crazyforcrust.com/peanut-butter-cup-cookie-bars/