But fortunately for my slow cooker, I barely had to lift a finger.
I just ate this piping hot bowl of comforting stew with the AC on my face.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
3 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Article Source :https://damndelicious.net/2016/10/07/slow-cooker-beef-stew/